Home maintenance tip - Frozen pipes

Here are a few things you can do to avoid frozen and burst pipes this winter:

  • Make sure you are have your gas boiler serviced – we will automatically send you an annual appointment for this.

  • Report dripping taps to us as soon as they appear.

  • If you are going away and are able to, leave your heating on low and ask a friend to check your property.

  • Know where your stopcock is.

  • If you are going away for a long period, notify your housing officer and consider turning off the water at the stopcock.

If a pipe freezes, turn off the water at the stopcock. Report it to us online through My Housing Tenancy or if it's an emergency call 01793 445503. It is important not to leave taps dripping as the water may not drain down the plughole if the pipe is frozen and may overflow from the sink. If a pipe bursts, turn off the water supply at the stopcock and contact us immediately on 01793 445503.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square

Call Us: 01793 445503   /   Email: getinvolved@swindon.gov.uk   /  Write: Swindon Borough Council, Civic Offices, Euclid Street, Swindon, SN1 2JH

  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • Twitter - Black Circle
This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now